Travel Style: Day Trips
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Best Price: 0 VND
- Day 1: River Kwa
Day 1 - River Kwai
Meet your guide at your hotel, and then drive to Kanchanburi town ( around 3 hours away from Bangkok). The famous "Bridge over the River Kwai” is located in Kanchanaburi town, not far from the city center. This bridge was first built as a part of the railway between Thailand and Burma in 1942, during WW2. Using the forced labor of their Allied POWs, the Japanese planned to build a railway across East Asia to British India. 16,000 Allied POWs (of 65,000), and 100,000 local people died of starvation, exhaustion, diseases, and malaria fever during this time. Following on from the visit to Kanchanaburi, visit a war museum and war cemetery before taking a ride on the notorious Death Railway. Then return to Bangkok and your hotel.
The Tour Inclusion:
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program.
- Lunch (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
The Tour Exclusion:
- Visas on arrival
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Travel insurance
- Surcharge for peak season (if any) & other not mentioned in the above detail program.
- The itinerary is just a sample of our Thailand tours; we'll be pleased to design similar programs with dates and itinerary customized to your personal preferences in Tailor Made Tours section. Rates may vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
What to bring?
- Sun Block, Wide brim hat, Camera + Film, Comfortable shoes, Rain gear, Warm clothes, original Passport...
How to start?
- Vietsea Tourist is a fully escorted tour and best-available all year round; the only thing you need to prepare in advance is the international air-ticket from/to your country.
- If you don’t have enough time to complete visa before your departure, we will help you to obtain Thailand Visa on arrival easily (getting visa at the airport, on your arrival)